projects in KDevelop

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Sat May 14 23:46:06 UTC 2005

Eray Ozkural wrote:

> Ought to use KURL everywhere, AFAICT.

Yes, but it is not just a matter of using KURL everywhere due to performance
reasons. In Quanta at least we do things like downloading the project file
in a temporary place and upload back to the original place only when it's
really needed.
So it's not just a matter of s/QString/KURL. I know, I already did this in
the Quanta 2->Quanta 3 transition.
 And the benefit for KDevelop being able to deal with remote projects is
somewhat similar as in case of Quanta. Especially when you have a good
internet connection, you might connect to your "work" computer from "home"
and do some quick fixes. Of course in case of compiling remote files it is
a little challenging. ;-) In Quanta we don't need compilation, so there are
only benefits of being able to work with remote projects.

Andras