make install during kde-app development?

Sascha Cunz sascha.cunz at tiscali.de
Thu May 12 18:11:03 UTC 2005

hi,

i have sometimes wondered how others do solve the problem below:

[18:18:35] <genomega_> Why is this happening - cannot find .rc file when the
file is there? I has to be simple but...
[18:20:20] <sacu> genomega_: developing a kde-app with kdevelop?
[18:20:57] <genomega_> Yes
[18:22:18] <sacu> create a directory D, "export KDEDIRS=D:$KDEDIRS" then
configure your app with --prefix=D then make then make install ... - for my
part, i've not yet found a better way to let kde know where to search the
files...

Cheers
Sascha