current state of using cmake to compile kdevelop

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed May 11 15:07:02 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Wednesday 11 May 2005 00:09, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> Hi!
> Every time I change any CMakelists.txt file, cmake is running bdb
> configuration. Why does that happen even when I change, for example
> parts/filecreate/CMakelists.txt?

cmake runs again and processes all CMakeLists.txt files. In
kdevelop/bdb/CMakeLists.txt you can fiond this line:

EXEC_PROGRAM(${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/dist/configure
${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/build_unix/ ARGS
--prefix=${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/kdevbdb)

which executes configure unconditionally. I changed it now to be only executed
if the Makefile doesn't exist yet.
Do you think this is a better solution ?

Bye
ALex