projects in KDevelop

Jens Herden jens at kdewebdev.org
Wed May 11 14:54:06 UTC 2005

> > is my impression correct that KDevelop does not support projects on
> > remote locations?
> > All the project code works with QString and not with KURL.
>
> It is/was on the TODO list,
> http://www.kdevelop.org/HEAD/doc/api/html/FutureTasks.html
> but it was dropped because we did not see any added value in using it.

This does mean that you can not work with nfs:// ftp:// and even media://
locations in KDevelop, right?
Funny, that this would not add value.

But this means also that there is not technical reason to not change it,
right.
As I said, we need this for Quanta and maybe we have to do this now?

How is the policy for API changes? I mean can we change the plugin interface?

Jens