the kdevelop libraries...

Alexander Dymo adymo at mksat.net
Fri May 6 23:52:02 UTC 2005

On Friday 06 May 2005 18:16, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> some simple questions (now that I got all of kdevelop compiling and
> linking). Why does kdevelop installed several shared libs ?
> /opt/kde/lib/libkinterfacedesigner.la
This is for GUI interface designers that can embed to KDevelop.

> /opt/kde/lib/libkdevextras.la
> /opt/kde/lib/libkdevwidgets.la
Widgets were historically unrelated to libkdevelop.
IMHO extras and widgets are on their own to reduce the amount of
recompilation/relinking necessary in KDevelop source tree.

> /opt/kde/lib/libkdevpropertyeditor.la
Property editor is not really the part of KDevelop. kdelibs would be
probably the better place. Anyways, it's useful standalone

> /opt/kde/lib/libkdevcatalog.la
> /opt/kde/lib/libkdevcppparser.la
This is useful only for language support plugins. No need to link
everything else with those.

--
Alexander Dymo
ICST Department, National University of Shipbuilding, Mykolayiv, Ukraine