small patch

Bernd Schubert bernd-schubert at gmx.de
Thu Mar 10 17:06:05 UTC 2005

On Thursday 10 March 2005 16:41, Paulo Moura Guedes wrote:
> On Thursday 10 March 2005 00:42, Bernd Schubert wrote:
> > The B. Stroustrup C++ book is in front of me, clearly stating that one
> > shouldn't uses macros in C++. Thinking about it and having programmed the
> > hole week in C, I believe its the most efficient way using this small
> > macro for it...
>
> How about:
> const char* PROFILEDIR = "kdevelop/profiles/";
> ;)

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but won't this use memory while defining a
constant with #define won't use additional memory for an additional variable?
Of course, one could hope that the compiler will recognize and optimize it.
I certainly considered this, but this is really one of the points I don't
agree in with B. Stroustrup .

Cheers,
 Bernd

--
Bernd Schubert
Physikalisch Chemisches Institut / Theoretische Chemie
e-mail: bernd.schubert at pci.uni-heidelberg.de