Fwd: New project wizard template

Alexander Dymo adymo at mksat.net
Mon Mar 7 20:43:05 UTC 2005

On Monday 07 March 2005 06:45, Matt Rogers wrote:
> > PPS: I like the idea of using xml format for templates because I can't
> > stand reading "human-readable" ini files like we have now ;) but autogen
> > usage is still questionable for me.
>
> is there anything technically wrong with using an .ini style format? if no,
> we shouldn't replace it just because somebody doesn't like the format.
It probably sounds that I dislike ini and like xml format but this is
not true.
I just want to state that ini format for kdevtemplate file is error-prone
and instead of being "human-readable" and "human-writable" it
is now "human-hard-readable/writable".
That [FILE21], [MkDir4] doesn't look correct from my point of view.
<file></file> is more natural.

--
Alexander Dymo
ICST Department, National University of Shipbuilding, Mykolayiv, Ukraine