Updating an AST

Steven T. Hatton hattons at globalsymmetry.com
Fri Jul 15 00:43:17 UTC 2005

On Thursday 14 July 2005 15:47, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> Greetings,
>  Is there an easy way to update the source file once you have updated the
> AST? There is a writeout method that will present me with a QString, but I
> am not sure where to place it.  Does the AST give a start and end point of
> the object in the file?

That's part of the reason I'm trying to figure out how to treat it as an XML
DOM.  We could then treat such things as file name, line number and column
number as attributes.  I freely admit that I don't know the difference between
CodeModel, Catalog and AST.  I do know CodeModel has line and column number
attributes.

--
Regards,
Steven