KMDI usage in KDevelop4

Alexander Dymo adymo at mksat.net
Tue Jul 12 22:08:02 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 12 July 2005 08:26, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> 2. What's the rationale for the change? How much time will it take to make
> "simple ideal" mode work on par with current KMDI?
Rationale? Hmm... take a closer look at kmdi and kdockwidget sources ;)
Simple Ideal already does what is necessary for Ideal mode and even more
(splitting windows). But it will never support other mdi modes.

> 3. Does the new ideal mode works good enough at the moment?
You can try it. Go to user interface settings in KDevelop and choose
simple ideal mode (you should have KDevelop HEAD). I work with it every day.
KDevAssistant already runs in simple ideal mode by default and I'm planning to
make it default for KDevelop as well after I polish splittings windows.

> 4. What's the timeline for switch to that code? KDE4? If that's the case,
> I'll still have to work with KMDI. KDE4 is too late for me.
You can either work on KDevelop 3.2/HEAD implementation of simple ideal
or on KDE4 port (which will be committed soon).

> Sorry to be boring, but is there an answer to my question (2) above? What's
> the rationale for the change? How much time will it take to make "simple
> ideal" mode work on par with current KMDI?
I don't expect that large changes are necessary. Just a bit of polishing.

--
Alexander Dymo
ICST Department, National University of Shipbuilding, Mykolayiv, Ukraine