types in variables view

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Fri Jul 1 12:19:08 UTC 2005

Hi,
right at the moment, I see the following in the variables view:

  'bytecode'  | (unsigned int*) 0x804e170 |  unsigned int*

I believe that the "(unsigned int*)" text in the second column should
be dropped for the following reasons:

1. It takes up very valuable horizontal space (recall the the
   variables view docks to the left side on the window, so it's
   always short on horizontal space).

2. When debugging, I most often know the type of variable.

3. Even if I forgot, I can use the third column to look it up.

So: any objections if I try to remove that extra information?

- Volodya