Please comment on this 3.2 features draft.
adymo at mksat.net
Sun Jan 23 20:46:05 UTC 2005
Ok, I have this.
ICST Department, National University of Shipbuilding, Mykolayiv, Ukraine
-------------- next part --------------
- The first release of "KDevelop Platform" - an architecture to build IDE-like applications
using common plugins and shell.
- KDevelop IDE and KDevelop Assistant are now two applications built on top of KDevelop Platform.
- Refactored architecture - reworked interfaces and introduced plugin profiles.
- More information about the platform and profiles is available at http://www.kdevelop.org/HEAD/doc/platform/html/index.html.
- Reduced startup time.
- Property editor library improvements.
- Various build and crash fixes for AMD64.
- XDG menus are created.
- Source tree is restructured and all unused parts were removed.
- VCS support is functional again. Application wizard can also integrate the newly created project
into the VCS using VCS integrators.
- Kyzis editor (CVS version, www.yzis.org) now works with KDevelop.
- Source navigation history is working now.
- Shell is modified to use plugin profiles.
- Notification on external changes in files is performed.
- Main window is showed only after initialization.
- KDevelop program API is now at http://www.kdevelop.org/HEAD/doc/api/html/index.html.
- KDevelop platform API is now at http://www.kdevelop.org/HEAD/doc/platform/html/index.html.
Ruby language support:
- Ruby debugger is implemented.
- Improved ruby parser - more information available in class view.
- Added Qt and KDE application templates.
Perl language support:
- Small fixes.
Cpp language support:
- Debugger breakpoints window made easier to use.
- Enable/disable features operate correctly now.
- Fixed problem that disabled breakpoints do not get disabled if
starting debugger the first time since loading the project.
- Context menu becomes cleaner.
- Switch header/implementation can now optionally try to match the current function declaration/definition.
- Code completion database can be removed in the configuration dialog.
PHP language support:
- Code completion improvements.
- New scripting plugin is added.
- KScript based scripting is supported using KScriptInterface.
- KJSEmbed, Shell and Kommander can be used to run a script.
- Optimizations (approx. 8%).
- Jump to the error location now works for all cases.
Find In Files:
- Old search results can be stored besides the current search.
- Finished the new frontend to ctags.
Code snippets plugin:
- Snippets can be divided into groups.
- Installation, instantiation and compilation is fixed for following application templates:
wxhello, kxt, kscreensaver, kdevpart, kdevpart2, kofficepart, kateplugin.
- KDevelop plugin and language support templates were updated to match changes in the architecture.
- All occurences of wrong variable substitution in templates are fixed.
- CMake application templates added.
- Kate part is excluded from a list of difference viewers.
- KDiff3 is now supported.
- Updated for the version 1.4.1.
- Preview for custom style is implemented.
- Another generic project manager was started. It's based on the new architecture where project management GUI is abstracted
from a specific buildsystem. Buildsystems are handled using plugins ("project importers, builders and editors").
- Workspace support is available.
- Project builders: make builder.
- Project importers: automake, custom makefiles.
QMake project manager:
- UI is simplifyed.
- Custom qmake variables are supported.
- Support for libtool archives, pkgconf files, console apps and windows dlls is added.
Automake project manager:
- Support for arbitrary make targets and commands in subproject context menu is implemented.
Custom makefiles project manager:
- Various fixes.
- Subversion support is finally functional.
VCS manager plugin:
- New VCS manager plugin is created to allow switching between VCS for existing projects.
- Valgrind 2.1 and upper are suported now (proper command line options are used).
GUI Designer Integration:
- KDevelop is compatible with Kexi Formeditor now.
- Performance improvements and UI fixes.
- Editing source functionality is now available in integrated state.
- Documentation settings dialog is visually improved.
KDevelop Assistant and documentation plugin:
- Fonts and zoom factors are configurable.
- CHM files are displayed with the index frame.
Old, unused and broken plugins:
- closer, copyto, nedit, buglist, doctreeview, knotes, manager, scripting, sourcenav,
cvsclient, cervisia, classbrowser, old generic project manager and ctags plugins were removed.
More information about the KDevelop-devel