KDevelop/KSpy integration

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 10 16:09:05 UTC 2005

I've been playing with the KSpy object inspector today (in kdesdk/kspy), and
I've added a few things from the ruby debugger inspector code from qtruby. It
allows you to inspect the properties, signals/slots and the QObject heirarchy
for a running C++ app.

To add it to your program, you just include the 'kspy.h' header, and make a
call to 'KSpy::invoke()'. Has anyone thought of adding some sort of KSpy
integration to KDevelop. Perhaps there could be a debugger command which
called 'KSpy::invoke()' at runtime - is that possible in gdb?

-- Richard