KMDI maintainership

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at babylon2k.de
Sun Jan 9 19:01:03 UTC 2005

On Monday 20 December 2004 11:47, Harald Fernengel wrote:
> ainwindow stuff in Qt 4? KMDI was just a lib
> to work around since Qt 3.x dockwindow support was not that great. In Qt 4
> this will be improved, so KMDI should be pretty obsolete.
the only missing thing to replace KMDI with the dockwindow stuff is in my eyes
the missing IDEA mode style UI, or will it be possible to inherit from the
dockwindows in a way to add additional buttons to their titlebars? If yes,
building a new slim kmdi around the dockwindow/mainwindow of qt4 would be a
good idea, just with enough code to allow the multitabbar like UI for the
sidebars of the mainwindow we have now.

--
Christoph Cullmann
KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team
http://www.babylon2k.de, cullmann at kde.org