kdevelop_3_3_branch

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Wed Feb 23 00:50:11 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 22 February 2005 05:38 pm, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> Hi!
> I've created a branch for KDevelop 3.3 development. Features, fixes, etc.
> are welcome ;)
>
> Jens asked once about 3.3 release goals, so I'll name some.
> Release goals:
> 1) finish annotation support (Mathieu)
> 2) implement new qmake manager using new qmake parser and
> projectmanager plugin (me)
> 3) fix replace part to work with files outside of project tree (Jens?)
> Any additions?

More UI polish, speed improvements, etc. Normal things that should be done
with a release.

I'm not going to bother adding the new feature stuff i'd like to do. I'm sure
I'll get told that somebody else is already working on something for
KDevelop4.  If i get it done, i get it done, if i don't, i don't. It probably
won't live very long anyways.

> Now I'd like to propose our development schedule.
> KDevelop 3.3:
> Development is done in kdevelop_3_3_branch.
> Release date - approx 4-6 months after 3.2 or just after we
> finish to implement those 3 features mentioned above

i think we should also wait and see how a port of kdelibs to Qt4 is going to
pan out before deciding on a hard release date.

> KDevelop 4:
> Development is done in HEAD branch.
> Release date - among with KDE4.
>
> Please say what do you think about that?

For KDevelop 4, I think we need to wait and see what happens with Qt4,
kdelibs, and subversion, otherwise, development could stall.

Matt