[quanta-devel] Re: Subversion repository structure (was: trunk/kdeedu/klettres)

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Feb 22 14:16:09 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 22 February 2005 15:21, Adam Treat wrote:
> On Monday 21 February 2005 7:37 pm, Jens Herden wrote:
> > Small misunderstanding here :-(
> > I do not mean at runtime. I was thinking about build time. For me
> > it was not obvious how I can get the code for KDevelop just for a
> > C++ ide and not the support for the other languages. I know you can
> > configure it that way, but that still means you have to download
> > the whole package first.
> >
> > What I suggest is to grain KDevelop further so that you can get the
> > IDE plus suport for C++ and Ruby and nothing else. Or Quanta and
> > Java...
> >
> > Do you see what I mean?
>
> Why on earth does this matter?  Do you really need the extra space on
> your hard drive or something?  If not, then why not just keep it the
> way it is and configure with -(dis)enable-java or -(dis)enable-c++ or
> such...

The problem is not the hard disc space, rather than the:
- downloaded code during an update (for me)
- the time you need to compile stuff that you don't care of (for
everybody)

A proper configure switch or something like that can be enough, as the
first issue can be workarounded with a script doing the update.

Andras