[quanta-devel] Re: Subversion repository structure (was: trunk/kdeedu/klettres)

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Mon Feb 21 09:02:11 UTC 2005

On Sunday 20 February 2005 23:57, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> On Sunday 20 February 2005 11:04, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > I'd like to keep it under tunk/KDE. This is because kdewebdev has
> > other (standalone) applications, like the HTML image map editor,
> > the XSL debugger or the link checker. I'm not including
> > KFileReplace and Kommander here as they are not completely related
> > to web
> > development. ;-)
>
> Posting this in another mail just to highlight the issue of
> complimentary development apps.
> I'd like to explain the situation of KDevelop.
> We have three types of dependencies:
> 1) mandatory: kdelibs
> 2) must have: svn kioslave, cvsservice from kdesdk
> 3) good to have: kcachegrind from kdesdk, valgrind, etc.
>
> IMHO Quanta has the same three types of dependencies:
> 1) kdelibs
> 2) kommander, kfilereplace, cvsservice?

Kommander and KFileReplace are run-time dependencies. Certainly, they
are very important, but they can be in any (completely different)
module. cvsservice is a compile-time dependency, so it's better if it's
in some kind of shared module. Sure, it works without it as well, but
the plugin will not be compiled. But if we create a kdevplatform
module, it already has the cvs plugin, so I can just throw out the one
we have in Quanta and use yours. ;-)

> 3) whatever???

In kdewebdev/PACKAGING you can find the dependencies of Quanta.

Andras