Konsole sync patch

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Mon Dec 12 11:32:06 UTC 2005

Jens Dagerbo wrote:

> On 12/12/05, *Jens Dagerbo* <jens.dagerbo at gmail.com
> <mailto:jens.dagerbo at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     konsolepart (from kdelibs), so we can't easily stop it from
>     executing, but if the konsolepart closes the kdevelop konsole plugin
>     will still be loaded, but no longer unfunctional.
>

> Sigh. I shouldn't be allowed near a keyboard before I've had some tea.
>
> It should read: "if the konsolepart closes, the kdevelop konsole plugin
> will still be loaded but no longer functional."
>
> Which is bad. Hence reactivate it if it gets destroyed.

But the existing konsole part already does this:-

   connect(part, SIGNAL(destroyed()), this, SLOT(partDestroyed()));

and then in partDestroyed():-
   part=0;
   activate();

i.e. if you choose close in the konsole menu, the konsolepart is
destroyed and the kdevelop plugin automatically re-activates it.

As you'll see the change simply causes the plugin to be hidden when the
part is destroyed.... when you then click on the konsole tab, it gets
activated again.

However - having said that - I only tested this using the IDEAI mode
where the "lowerView()" call works and the part gets re-activated when
the tab is re-opened. I assume a different workaround needs to be
implemented to the various other kdevelop IDE modes.
(how can a plugin find out what mode the ide is running in)

Otherwise the "Close Konsole" option needs to be removed from the
konsole part menu - which I believe would be difficult to do.

Surely having a "Close Konsole" menu option, that doesn't close the
konsole is strange?

Cheers,
--
Ivor