Konsole sync patch

Jens Dagerbo jens.dagerbo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 10:52:03 UTC 2005

On 12/10/05, Ivor Hewitt <ivor at ivor.org> wrote:

> Updated patch attached. Now also minimises the konsole part if you "close
> terminal emulator".
>
> Does anyone have any objections to this?

Yes. I think this is wrong.

I only looked at the patch, haven't tested it, but the konsole part
shouldn't be allowed to be destroyed. The "close terminal emulator" action
is put into the popupmenu by the konsolepart (from kdelibs), so we can't
easily stop it from executing, but if the konsolepart closes the kdevelop
konsole plugin will still be loaded, but no longer unfunctional.

If the user wants to close the kdevelop konsole plugin, he/she should unload
it like any other plugin - in the plugin configuration.

// jens