KDevelop crashes on code completion

Steven T. Hatton hattons at globalsymmetry.com
Thu Aug 25 14:12:03 UTC 2005

On Thursday 25 August 2005 04:33, Steven T. Hatton wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 August 2005 18:03, Steven T. Hatton wrote:

I hate to go on here, talking to myself, but I would like to find a resolution
to this problem.  If anybody else is having these lockup problems please
speak up.  My system is constantly in a state of flux.  I regularly install
the latest bleeding edge of many core components such as the KDE, Gnome, GCC,
autotools, etc. Often these experimental packages require me to install
different versions of a library, or other package than the other programs on
my system require.  I try to keep the cleanly separated, but it's easy to
forget that I set an environment variable in a given xterm.  If I
inadvertently compile against the wrong library, the next build will not
always detect the inconsistency. Things break on my box that don't break on
sane people's systems.

I'm not completely sure why bdb was removed from KDevelop.  Certainly, it's
nice to use a common install when possible, but if you are doing distributed
development against a library that might vary from platform to platform, it
can sometimes be a good idea to provide a known commodity, at least as a
fallback.  OTOH, this may be a good way to identify potential problems.

--
Regards,
Steven