KDevelop crashes on code completion

Steven T. Hatton hattons at globalsymmetry.com
Wed Aug 24 00:04:05 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 23 August 2005 16:39, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 August 2005 18:12, Steven T. Hatton wrote:
> > >
> > > Let's wait for Dirk. He told me on IRC that he is willing to fix the
> > > BDB issues that arise when we use DBD 3, 4.0 and 4.1
> > >
> > > The user that complained seams to use BDB 4.3 and AFAIK we do not
> > > support that.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> >
> > Strange.  I removed db-devel = 4.3.27-3 and left db41-devel = 4.1.25-76,
> > and now KDevelop won't build.
> >
> > checking for Berkeley DB >= 3... configure: error: no - please install
> > Berkeley DB >= 3 and <= 4.1
> >
> > rpm -qa | grep ^db
> > dbench-1.3-340
> > dbus-1-0.23.4-7
> > db-4.3.27-3
> > dbus-1-gtk-0.23.4-7
> > dbus-1-glib-0.23.4-7
> > dbxml-2.0.9-3
> > db41-devel-4.1.25-76
> > db41-4.1.25-76
> > db1-1.85-89
> > db-utils-4.3.27-3
> > dbus-1-x11-0.23.4-7
> > dbus-1-devel-0.23.4-7
> > dbus-1-qt-0.23.4-7
>
> I also use SuSE 9.3 and it compiles fine, but I need to pass three
> parameters to configure so that it can find BDB 4.1. I'm not at my build
> box rigth now so I cannot tell you exactly which parameters are, but it
> someting like --with_db3_includes= --with_BD3_ldflags= --DB3_dir
>
> And BTW it should have never compiled with 4.3 in the first place. So I
> guess the autoconfigure script check is wrong.

Yup.  It looks that way.  I tried reading some of the m4 stuff to figure out
what's happening, but I'm pretty much immune to m4.

typeset -f helpless
helpless ()
{
    xterm -geometry 80x58+400+600 -background "#ffffdd" -T "$1 --help | less"
-font 10x20 -e "$1 --help | less" >/dev/null 2>&1 &
}

helpless ./configure

  --with-db-includedir=DIR
                          where the DB3 headers are installed
  --with-db-libdir=DIR    where the DB3 libraries are installed
  --with-db-lib=LIB       library name for the DB3 library

A progress report will be forthcoming.  I just wanted to get this much posted
in case others might benefit from it.  I will make the assumption that I can
also use bdb <= db4.1.
--
Regards,
Steven