KDevelop crashes on code completion

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Aug 23 16:10:09 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 23 August 2005 13:58, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Monday 22 August 2005 23:23, Andras Mantia wrote:
> >  KDevelop from 3.5 branch crashes when invoking code completion on
> > Qt/KDE classes. The crash seems to be related to the fact that
> > KDevelop now links to the DB engine installed on the system instead
> > of the DB copy. I have recreated the PCS databases, but the crash
> > persist.
>
> I don't experience a crash, if you have any way to reproduce this
> then that would help very much :)

It is very simple to reproduce here:
- load a project
- in Project->Project Options->C++ Specific->Code Completion add the KDE
and Qt code completion databases
- in a C++ file try to invoke the code completion, like
#include <qstring.h>
QString string;
string. [press CTRL-SPACE here]

100% reproducible.