Broken displaying of QString's in the Variable view

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Wed Aug 10 17:08:05 UTC 2005

Hi,

 Since commit 442046 by Robert Gruber displaying of QString's (const
QString &string) in the variable view is not possible. All you get is
the memory address, but not the string content itself. Even before this
commit it was partially broken. With revision 440103 the string is
displayed incorrectly (t\000e\000\s\000\t) for "test", and I cannot see
the members of a KURL.
 I don't have the earlier commit mails and I don't want to try this one
by one and for some reason svn doesn't even like to go back in a branch
to a date before the branch was created....
 But as not many people have touched the debugger code, please review
your changes and fix these bugs as they make KDE developing very hard.

Andras