KDevelop 3.3 release schedule

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Thu Aug 4 17:35:05 UTC 2005

On Thursday 04 August 2005 18:19, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> > The need for the lib's is to have a base which we (Quanta team),
> > you (KDevelop team) and others can count on it and use it. Of
> > course it should be BC.
>
> BC can be a PITA sometimes.

Without it you cannot have a public library. Or you can, but it will be
a hell for the users of the library. There are some projects out there
well they don't care about it (not even about source compatibility).
Might be that this is the reason why there is/was a copy of BDB in
KDevelop...

> IMHO BC should only be observed after the first alpha release of
> KDevelop 4.

BC should be kept after the RC's of KDevelop4 until KDevelop5.

Andras