Improving the KDevelop UI

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Apr 17 13:12:05 UTC 2005

On Saturday 16 April 2005 22:12, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> On Saturday 16 April 2005 08:00, Lasse Kärkkäinen / Tronic wrote:
> > However, I found out that the "tabbed pages mode" is very close to my
> > proposition, after customizing a bit.
>
> I personally prefer ideal mode, it takes fewer space.

Same here. Without ideal mode I wouldn't use kdevelop.

> > Actually this was better in 3.0. In 3.2.0 (with default settings) I get
> > popup panels that go over the edit area, and that instantly go away when
> > the edit area is clicked.
>
> The "overlap" mode is turned on by default for views. I personally dislike
> it so new "simple ideal" mode doesn't have such feature.

For some tabs I like the "overlap and close if something is selected" and for
some I don't. E.g. for the file views it's very convinient: open the tab (per
shortcut), select the file and it closes it again. E.g. for the grep tab it
isn't so useful.

Bye
Alex