kdevassistant is a no-show. Is this intended?

Steven T. Hatton hattons at globalsymmetry.com
Mon Sep 6 06:44:03 UTC 2004

There was a time when I could run kdevassistant from the commandline and get a
tool similar to the Qt assistant.  Now when I try to run it, it starts a
process, but doesn't display anything.

This is the output from running it in an xterm.  I believe I built with
debugging off.

QObject::connect: No such slot SplashScreen::showMessage(const QString&)
QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'unnamed')
QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'unnamed')
QLayout "unnamed" added to IndexView "unnamed", which already has a layout
kdevelop (core): [virtual void NewMainWindow::raiseView(QWidget*)]
kdevassistant: DocumentationPart::loadDocumentationPlugins: creating
pluginDocQtPlugin
kdevassistant:     success
kdevassistant: DocumentationPart::loadDocumentationPlugins: creating
pluginDocCHMPlugin
kdevassistant:     success
kdevassistant: DocumentationPart::loadDocumentationPlugins: creating
pluginDocDoxygenPlugin
kdevassistant:     success
kdevassistant: DocumentationPart::loadDocumentationPlugins: creating
pluginDocKDevTOCPlugin
kdevassistant:     success
kdevassistant: DocumentationPart::loadDocumentationPlugins: creating
pluginDevHelpPlugin
kdevassistant:     success
kdevassistant: DocumentationPart::loadDocumentationPlugins: creating
pluginDocCustomPlugin
kdevassistant:     success

--
Regards,