About User Interfaces

hemant gethemant at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 12:34:06 UTC 2004

Hi..All..

No doubt KDevelop team has taken great pains for providing multiple
user interfaces.but i find this child-frame mode quite useless..in
it's currnet form.

The main Idea behind this child fram mode..would be ,user would be
able to edit several files at once and can even view two or three
files at the same time.

But it hardly serves this purpose..in it's current form.Unless you
want to use lots of mouse for arranging the windows.Certainly few will
like that.What i want is something similar to Emacs..where i can
simply split the window.

I guess...this should not be very difficult for Kdevelop developers.I
mean Kdevelop uses  some Kate part and Kate has such feature.

How can i do that. I guess..if nobody here agrees with me...then i can
take the work on myself.Becuase..i know some QT and C++.

--
I used to be indecisive..
  but now i am not so sure...