kdevelop-bugs-admin as sending on kdevelop-bugs

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Wed Nov 3 14:43:03 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 02 November 2004 05:25 pm, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> Matt Rogers wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there anyway that we can get rid of the fact that all the messages on
> > the kdevelop-bugs mailing list are sent as kdevelop-bugs-admin rather
> > than the person who submitted the bug? It makes it quite a bit harder to
> > see who posted comments to the bug because you have to know their email
> > address.
>
> This has to do with spam.
> It took me a long time to get it configured like that. It so far avoided
> spam on that list.
> I have no intentions of changing it.
>
> I have to administer 170 spam mails per week on the kdevelop-devel list.
> You do not see it, but they are there.
> I do not want to do the same on kdevelop-bugs.

Run a spam filter on the server or something and use a RBL list to block
certain IP addresses from sending mail to the server. Surely some of the pain
that you've gone through to configure the lists to avoid spam could have been
avoided by the use of various already existing spam blocking techniques.

Matt