.kde/share/config/kdeveloprc clashes with the kdevelop-2.1.5 kdeveloprc

Izo I at siol.net
Tue Mar 2 16:55:06 UTC 2004

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:

> Izo wrote:
>

>>   I will patch the kdeveloprc problem with the KDevelop-2 if anybody
>> tells me how to do it.
>

> Try patching the main Makefile.am to produce a kdevelop2 executable
> instead of kdevelop. That should give you a kdevelop2rc file.

I've just solved the problem with the KDevelop-2.1.5 codebase: :-)

1. configure.in.in : kdevelop -> kdevelop2
2. Makefile.am : kdevelop -> kdevelop2
3. src/main.cpp :

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
  KConfig* config;

  KAboutData aboutData( "kdevelop2"   /* changed "kdevelop" to
"kdevelop2" */
  a.dcopClient()->registerAs("kdevelop2");  /* again changed "kdevelop"
to "kdevelop2" */

I suspect that the aboutData did the job since one of the KConfig
constructors takes KAboutData for construction argument.

Iztok - well done ;-) ... of course, if anybody else is interested.

Amilcar, thank you for your help. I know that I am quite a rarity -
using KDevelop-2 for production and not willing to migrate. But - so is
the life. First finish the project and then choose another development
tool !

Iztok