KDevelop UI cleanup initiative

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Jun 8 19:17:05 UTC 2004

Roberto Raggi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tuesday 08 June 2004 10:04, Andras Mantia wrote:
>> Simple testcase for method names:
>> QString s;
>> s. (press CTRL-SPACE, the QString methods are not listed, Type of s. is a
>> QString appears in the statusbar)
>
> - menu item project/project options..
> - select "c++ specifics" page
> - select "code completion" tab
> - press the button "Add Persistant Class Store.." ;)

Hm, indeed. Taken into the account that I use KDevelop3 since it was in
pre-Alpha state and haven't found this feature (ok, I haven't tried so
hard), shows that the way of activating it is less than ideal. I guess I
would never pushed that button even if I find the code completion tab as
for me Persistant Class Store means nothing and for sure it doesn't mean
that "click here to enable code completion for classes from libraries". So
I suggest either renaming the button or providing a wizard on the first
startup which offers the possibility of configuring the PCS-es. BTW, if I
install a new version of Qt/KDE libraries, do I have to re-create the
PCS-es?

Andras

PS: Of course code completion crashes now on SuSE 9.1, I suppose due to the
DB4. Would be really nice if instead of importing DB3 the code could be
made workable with DB4...