KDevelop UI cleanup initiative

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Jun 8 10:08:10 UTC 2004

Alexander Dymo wrote:
> Ok, then I'll add methods in the index. It is possible for qt and kde
> docs. Promise you will forget about qt assistant then ;)

Great, that would be nice. :-)

>> As KDevelop doesn't
>> offer autocompletion for Qt/KDE methods, the quickest way to find the
>> parameters for a method is to search in the index.
> Eh? It does autocompletion for qt and kde (at least for me ;) )
> Either you've missed something or I do not understand the issue :)

Simple testcase for method names:
QString s;
s. (press CTRL-SPACE, the QString methods are not listed, Type of s. is a
QString appears in the statusbar)

Same with KDE classes.

Testcase for class names:
QS(press CTRL-S, QString does no appear)

What am I missing? Is the above work for you? Oh, I see in the first case
typing s.low shows "s.lower". But only for the methods already used in the
file. In an empty document it does not work.
But why doesn't it work for CTRL-SPACE?

3rd case: the parameters for Qt/KDE methods are not shown even when the
autocompletion works for them, like in the case I described above.

Andras