[Bug 82487] New: the need of some easy user interface improvements in icons, menus, toolbars and panels
Eduardo Robles Elvira
edulix at iespana.es
Tue Jun 1 00:38:54 UTC 2004
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.
Summary: the need of some easy user interface improvements in
icons, menus, toolbars and panels
Platform: RedHat RPMs
AssignedTo: kdevelop-devel kdevelop org
ReportedBy: edulix iespana es
Version: 3.0.3 (using KDE KDE 3.2.2)
Installed from: RedHat RPMs
- Many icons in the toolbars, menus and panels are "generic" and/or duplicated. This is a list with the "generic" icons in the interface:
* Main toolbar:
* Build toolbar:
- Compile File
* Browser toolbar:
- Generate a new class
- Class Browser Actions
* Debugger toolbar:
- Many: 4 icons out of 5. The only proper icon is the "Restart the program in the debugger"
* The floating debugger toolbar shown when the debugger is active:
- Many: 9 icons out of 11. The only proper icons are "Interrupt the application execution" and "Set focus on Kdevelop"
* The "New File" tree tool view icon.
* The "Frame Stack" icon from the Tool view.
* Edit menu:
- Find in Files...
- Make Memeber
* View menu:
- Tree tool views > All Tree Views
* Project menu:
- New class..
* Debug Menu:
- Many of them :)
* Settings > Configure Kdevelop.. > File Selector > Selected actions > Current Document Directory
About the duplicated icons: In both main and Browser toolbars I can see "Back" and "Forward" buttons repeated. If two buttons have different behaviours/functions, they shouldn't use the same icon.
- In Menu 'View > Tool Views' there are 10 menu entries whose titles are simple "Show", without saying what do they actually show. That entries are highly useless without a proper title.
- The toolbars and specially the main one need separators, they're cluttered.
Note: perhaps should I have sended three different bug reports ?
More information about the KDevelop-devel