kdelibs/kmdi<-->kdevelop/lib/qextmdi

Alexander Dymo cloudtemple at mksat.net
Mon Jan 26 20:02:05 UTC 2004

On Monday 26 January 2004 11:36, Roberto Raggi wrote:
> > > if we'll drop the support for 3.0 and 3.1 why you want import kmdi from
> > > head?? just remove it from head
> >
> > If you compile kdevelop from cvs on 3.2 you will be forced to use kmdi
> > library shipped with kde 3.2.
>
> but this is _exactly_ what we want :) I mean we don't want to fork kmdi,
> and please remember that we've pushed to a lot kmdi in kde core library.
It would be great to use kmdi from kdelibs but kmdi is not in a good
condition and still is heavilly under development. That's why I'd like to
keep our own (but similar to kdelibs HEAD version) - to allow BIC changes
in kmdi and kdevelop mainwindow stuff. If we stick to kmdi from kde 3.2
and impose 3.2 compatibility we won't be allowed to make changes
in mainwindow and etc.

--
Alexander Dymo
Ukrainian State Maritime Technical University, ICST Department