[Bug 76012] New: bogus report that it fails to find makefile
doomster at knuut.de
Tue Feb 24 13:28:06 UTC 2004
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.
Summary: bogus report that it fails to find makefile
Platform: Debian stable
AssignedTo: kdevelop-devel kdevelop org
ReportedBy: doomster knuut de
Version: 3.0.0b2 (using KDE KDE 3.2.0)
Installed from: Debian stable Packages
Related bugs are
The problem is that I get this error-message pressing F8, on an imported kmail subdir from the kdepim package:
|There is no Makefile in this directory
|and no configure script for this project.
|Run automake & friends and configure first?
Now, this message is totally bogus, because:
- I already ran configure, which is in the parent-dir
- there _is_ a Makefile in the project root
- 'this directory' is totally useless information );
- there is no requirement for any hardcoded makefile filenames at all.
The patch from 74570 to add one more name is only half-hearted, as 71675 clearly shows. Anyone who tried to use a different build-system like jam/bjam to build anything will confirm that.
- make itself will already generate sufficient error-messages when it fails to find its files
Please remove the whole check or make it a warning, in the latter case one with a checkbox to permanently disable it.
As a workaround for all bitten by this, you can add an entry to the external tools for a file context with
- Menu text = make
- Executable = make
- Parameters = -C %D -f %S
- a checked 'capture output'
Note: clicking on an error-message doesn't work with that.
More information about the KDevelop-devel