What my build scrip *really* looks like. w/API DOCS problem

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas amilcar at ida.ing.tu-bs.de
Fri Feb 20 17:12:03 UTC 2004

Steven T. Hatton wrote:

> cd kde/kdelibs/work/kdelibs-3.2.0/
> make apidox
> mv apidocs <whereever>

It works MUCH better if you replace
mv apidocs <whereever>
with
make apidox-install

>Strangely, that created a directory called ...work/kdelibs-3.2.0/apidocs, not
>kdelibs-apidocs.  I created a directory called /home/apidox/public and
>symlinked the apidocs to /home/apidox/public/cvs-api.  That got rid of these
>messages: "Error: Tag file `/home/apidox/public/cvs-api/dcop/dcop.tag' does
>not exist or is not a file. Skipping it..."  But I still have no
>architecture.html.

After doing the kdelibs API doc install you need to reconfigure kdevelop.

After making kdevelop API documentation you'll get a warning about
having to install it.
Do not ignore this warning.
Install it.

(you do not need to be root if you install it to some place you have
permissions to)
The same applies to kdelibs API dox

I've wasted enough time fixing Makefile.am and Doxygen.am. All you have
to do is follow the instructions.
If you want to do it differently then send in a patch, I'll review it.

Have fun,

--
Amilcar Lucas