What my build scrip *really* looks like. w/API DOCS problem

Steven T. Hatton hattons at globalsymmetry.com
Fri Feb 20 05:13:09 UTC 2004

I just posted what I claimed to be my build script.  I had attempted to make
it more readable by rearranging some of the assignments before I posted it.
Unfortunately, what I posted was not logically correct.

I have not modified the build script listed below *and I have tested it*.
The problem with the API documentation is the same.  The output of make
apidox is listed after the script.  I suspect this may be a result of my not
placing my current build in the production $KDEDIR. Placing it there would
violate one of the rules I (like to) follow when doing development.  Don't
shoot the horse you're riding.  IMO, I shouldn't need to be root to do
anything related to KDevelop development.

OTOH, I don't wish to be a thorn in the side of anybody doing productive work
on the project.

This is one of the things I know to be broken when I actually try to use the
documentation:

"The file or
folder /home/hattons/opt/org/kdevelop/share/doc/HTML/en/kdevelop-apidocs/html/architecture.html
does not exist."

#!/bin/bash
# This script is for building KDevelop from the latest CVS image.
# It is not intended to be technically complex. In order to build
# exactly as described on the KDevelop site* set BUILD_HOME=$SOURCE_HOME
# and PREFIX=$KDEDIR. That will install into the production $KDEDIR.
# *http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=branches_compiling.html
# as of Thu Feb 19 22:39:11 EST 2004 this script does not correctly build
# all the API documentation.
# When prompted for user input, hit 'enter' to proceed.

export SOURCE_HOME=/download/org/kdevelop/repository/kdevelop
export BUILD_HOME=/download/org/kdevelop/repository/build
. ~/bin/functions.sh # gives me goodsound() and badsound()
export KDEDIR=/opt/kde3
export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt3
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$KDEDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$KDEDIR/lib:$LIBRARY_PATH
export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$KDEDIR/bin:$PATH

export KDELIBS_DOCS=$KDEDIR/share/doc/HTML/en/kdelibs-apidocs
export PREFIX=/home/hattons/opt/org/kdevelop

export KDEV_OPTS="--prefix=$PREFIX --with-kdelibsdoxy-dir=$KDELIBS_DOCS"
export CXXFLAGS="-g3 -O0"

cd $SOURCE_HOME

unset response
echo "Update and make Makefile.cvs? s to skip";
read response
test "$response" != 's' && cvs update && make -f admin/Makefile.common
cvs-clean && make -f Makefile.cvs

cd $BUILD_HOME

unset response
echo "Run configure? s to skip";
read response
test "$response" != 's' && $SOURCE_HOME/configure $KDEV_OPTS

unset response
echo "Run make? s to skip";
read response
test "$response" != 's' && make -k -j7 && goodsound || badsound

unset response
echo "Run Install? s to skip";
read response
test "$response" != 's' && make install

unset response
echo "Make API Documentation? s to skip";
read response
test "$response" != 's' && make apidox

unset response
echo "Install API Documentation? s to skip";
read response
test "$response" != 's' && make install-apidox
##### END BUILD SCRIPT ######

make apidox-am-yes
make[1]: Entering directory `/download/org/kdevelop/repository/build'
Error: Tag file `/home/apidox/public/cvs-api/dcop/dcop.tag' does not exist or
is not a file. Skipping it...
Error: Tag file `/home/apidox/public/cvs-api/interfaces/interfaces.tag' does
not exist or is not a file. Skipping it...
Error: Tag file `/home/apidox/public/cvs-api/kdecore/kdecore.tag' does not
exist or is not a file. Skipping it...
Error: Tag file `/home/apidox/public/cvs-api/kdefx/kdefx.tag' does not exist
or is not a file. Skipping it...
Error: Tag file `/home/apidox/public/cvs-api/kdeui/kdeui.tag' does not exist
or is not a file. Skipping it...
Error: Tag file `/home/apidox/public/cvs-api/khtml/khtml.tag' does not exist
or is not a file. Skipping it...
Error: Tag file `/home/apidox/public/cvs-api/kmdi/kmdi.tag' does not exist or
is not a file. Skipping it...
Error: Tag file `/home/apidox/public/cvs-api/kio/kio.tag' does not exist or is
not a file. Skipping it...
Error: Tag file `/home/apidox/public/cvs-api/kjs/kjs.tag' does not exist or is
not a file. Skipping it...
Error: Tag file `/home/apidox/public/cvs-api/kparts/kparts.tag' does not exist
or is not a file. Skipping it...
Error: Tag file `/home/apidox/public/cvs-api/kutils/kutils.tag' does not exist
or is not a file. Skipping it...
Error: Tag file `/home/apidox/public/cvs-api/qt/qt.tag' does not exist or is
not a file. Skipping it...