faq

Bernd Pol bernd.pol at online.de
Sun Feb 15 07:30:08 UTC 2004

Hi Daniel,

On Sat February 14 2004 17:13, Bernd Pol wrote:
> On Fri February 13 2004 11:17, Daniel Franke wrote:
> > there are loads of requests "How to include libXYZ to kdevelop
> > projects". Is someone already addressing this issue by adding a
> > manual section (if there isn't one already) or an faq entry?
> >
> > If not, I might spent some time writing one ... :)
>
> We certainly need a FAQ section in the user manual (I just didn't get
> this far). So you are most welcome if you could spend the time. :-))

As an afterthought - there are two places to put such information in.

There should be the usual FAQ section near the end (appendix???).
Currently this does not exist in the user manual. I think we should put
more general questions in there.

Alternatively, I added a "nutshell" chapter in front of everything. I
did put more frequent "how to" issues in there as quick tips and
navigational help for the more casual user.

The contents in the "nutshell" always should refer to an actual section
in the manual while the FAQ only needs to list questions and answers
without that necessity.

Feel free to add to any of them. We need lots of tips in the manual
anyway. Yet keep in mind - this is a manual on how to _use_ KDevelop.
More specific programming issues should be put elsewhere.

Bernd