Building in the source tree. I don't like it. Do you?

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas amilcar at ida.ing.tu-bs.de
Fri Feb 13 11:11:03 UTC 2004

>I've also noticed that the default project configuration mixes source and
>object files.  I know there is/was a way around this, but IIRC, it is not
>intuitively obvious, and not supported directly by the (GUI) tools.

The default configuration mixes objects with sources.
The debug configuration creates a debug directory and puts objects with
debugging symbols there.
The optimized configuration creates a optimized directory and puts
optimized with no debug symbols object code there.

So the GUI does provide what you want.

Now the KDevelop compilation itself ...... that's  another history.
I never  tested it, I do not know how good it will work.

But if it doesn't, then it should be easy to fix. Post the
warnings/errors and I'll take a look into it.

--
Amilcar Lucas