maintainer for gdb support in kdevelop

jbb jbb at kdevelop.org
Fri Dec 3 09:33:05 UTC 2004

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 10:39, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> On Thursday 02 December 2004 20:30, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > So, I'd like to work a bit on that.
>
> Ok :)
>
> > on irc Jens Dagerbo told me that the debugging support in  kdevelop is
> > basically unmaintained.
>
> Some time ago Roberto wrote gdb/mi parser. We could use gdb machine
> interface to get rid of complex regexp based output parsing. If you want,
> you can do something with it.
> Eclipse CDT, for instance uses gdb/mi and as the result has much faster
> debugger than we have.

Careful now - not all things are possible with MI.

And I suspect any speed diff has nothing to do with running MI. Certainly gdb
doesn't run any faster and that is the main bottleneck with performance. (I
could be wrong of course :-)

But I have no problems with it changing in a small or big way. In fact I'd say
it's great someone wants to put their ideas and energy into it and make it
their own.

As the old maintainer, I'm still listening on email, so don't be too mean
about my code :-) and feel free to ask question about why I did things the
way I did.

Have fun with it

jbb