How do I get commit power?

Steven T. Hatton hattons at globalsymmetry.com
Sun Aug 29 16:56:06 UTC 2004

On Saturday 28 August 2004 07:42, Harald Fernengel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Saturday 28 August 2004 01:25, Steven T. Hatton wrote:
> > For the next month or so, I will still be able to spend my time dong what
> > I want. I may be able to realize a few of my grander ideas in that time.
> > Perhaps I can get something worthwhile into the code base before I turn
> > into a pumpkin.
> >
> > So what do I need to
> > do?  That is assuming you guys trust me enough to have that power.
>
> Since you can only work for one month, I suggest you send patches to the
> list. The sysadmins are a bit paranoic due to the latest break-ins in open
> source projects, so only long-time contributors get cvs-write access.
>
> If it becomes too tiring for us to apply your patches, we'll ask for a CVS
> account :)
>
> Best regards,
> Harald

I understand the reasoning.  My experience working form the other end of
things and trying to get patches together is that it is rather inconvenient
to modify the code, generate a patch, revert the code to the current CVS
image, and wait for the patch to come through.  I guess if I go through the
motions a few times I might become a bit more comfortable with the process.
--
Regards,
Steven