New UI Configuration Dialog?

Jens Dagerbo jens.dagerbo at swipnet.se
Wed Apr 21 12:20:07 UTC 2004

Hmm.. in theory, yes. I wouldn't really recommend it though.

I realized that the changes, while small, went beyond kdelibs/kmdi, there are
changes needed to kdelibs/kdeui as well. In theory you could just update
these two libraries and overwrite your stable install with these, but the
effects of that I couldn't guarantee.

The alternate option would of course be to have several KDE installations like
you suggest,  but that's hardly a trivial thing either. Also note that
KDevelop will need to be _built_ against kdelibs HEAD, as this is a compile
time dependency.

Unless you really positively want to be able to change the tabbar, I'd leave
it alone for now. That's safer :)

jd