Bug in CVSService Integration?

Sascha Cunz mail at SaCu.DE
Sun Apr 18 14:09:02 UTC 2004

Hi,
i just came accross the following scenario:

i have two boxes both with a checkout of a file from a cvs server. I updated
both to the most recent version (Lets say "file:1.10").
Then i made a change on box A and commited that change, the file being now on
version "file:1.11" in HEAD and on box A. The version on box B is still
"file:1.10" and it's not in sync with HEAD but locally unmodified.

I opened the file in editor on box B. Context menu now offers me:
CVSService -> Difference between revisions.
After selecting this, a dialog pops up, asking me what i want to diff.
Here i could select:
  - "local copy against HEAD"
  - "local copy against any revision"

Doing "local copy against HEAD" tells me there are no differences. Doing
"local copy against any revision" and entering "HEAD" as the revision gives
me correct differences.

So i assume, "local copy against HEAD" is in reallity "local copy against
BASE" (it works with local changes and the local revision being the same as
HEAD on the server)

As the Cervisia application offers usually both variants ("against BASE" and
"against HEAD"), i'd be more convient to have both in CVSService plugin too.

Cheers Sascha