top-level window doesn't contain child windows!

Paul Drummond paul.drummond at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Apr 13 12:36:02 UTC 2004

Hi everyone, I am new to this list and KDevelop in general.  I would love to
contribute one day but for now I am just using the latest KDevelop CVS and
learning QT and the KDE API.

I use Gentoo and have emerged the latest stable KDevelop3.  I have also
downloaded HEAD and used "./configure --prefix=" to install it to a different
directory.  Is it ok to use both the stable and unstable versions this way?

The problem I have at the moment is that the HEAD version of KDevelop
displays a top-level window with an empty client area.  Then another window
is opened which contains all the plugins and the client area.  This window is
called "mdi_cover_area".  I have looked in the code to see if the problem is
simple but at the moment the GUI framework is way too complex for me to
understand!  I have uploaded a screenshot to my website which you can
see here: http://www.paul.drummond.dsl.pipex.com/snapshot1.png

Should also point out that the stable version of KDevelop3.02 works fine.

Cheers,
Paul Drummond

P.S: Sorry moderators, my initial post included the screenshot as an
attachment which was obviously too large!  Sorry!