Annoying behavior with CVS HEAD

Jens Dagerbo jens.dagerbo at swipnet.se
Sun Sep 14 13:22:05 UTC 2003

On Saturday 13 September 2003 19.07, Christoph Cullmann wrote:

> On Saturday 13 September 2003 19:01, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> > > Yes, this fixes the autobracket bug, but it still fails to work with
> > > quanta. The problem seems to be the
> > > ViewCursorInterface::setCursorPositionReal. I use it in lot of places
> > > and my feeling is (haven't tested it exactly) that after setting the
> > > cursor with this method, the page is shifted.
> >
> > yes, that's true :/
> >
> > will need to fix that a bit I guess
>
> btw., kdevelop's people wanted to have setCursorPositionReal to scroll the
> view, should that now stay and quanta adjusted to know that or should that
> be switched back to not scroll at all ?

That was probably me. :)

What I wanted was a way to vertically center the jumped-to line when a
navigation tool was used for placing the cursor at a specific place.

A flag to tell katepart if the view should center or not would be the perfect
solution, but obviously not available without a new interface.. (?)

The current solution messes up Gideon too (particularly debugging) so I'm all
for reverting it.

Sorry for talking you into it, Christoph. ;)

jd