alpha_6

falk.brettschneider at gmx.de falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Wed Sep 10 13:22:05 UTC 2003

Hi,
I think it isn't a good idea to handle the KDevleop-3.0-alpha6 release the
way you want to.

Being in the release cycle of KDE means:
1.) only Dirk Müller sets the release tags in Cvs, means the alpha6 release
tag is _identical_ to the KDE-3.2-a1 relase tag. No different or extra tag.
2.) there's no need to build any packages, neither source nor binary ones.
This is fully done by the KDE packagers.
3.) The announcements are made by the KDE release guys.

This would be like in the KDevelop-2.x days and the way all other KDE
packages are handled.

The KDevelop maintainer (or team) just need:
1.) to inform Dirk Müller when KDevelop is ready to be tagged and when
retagging is necessary.
2.) to update www.kdevelop.org by themselves.

Is this OK for you? It would ease our effort and avoids version trouble.

Cheers
F at lk