KDevelop 3.0 Alpha 6 release plan

falk.brettschneider at gmx.de falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Fri Sep 5 06:57:05 UTC 2003

> Please note:
>
> * you should have experience in open source and in KDevelop in particular.
> * you should be prepared to do a lot of work no one will ever thank you
> for.
> * some people will dislike you no matter what you do.
Hehe...

to be honest, in my opinion the only things the maintainer must additionally
do is:
* organizing and announcing the releases, therefore be in contact with the
KDE release coordinators
* handling official contacts with Unix magazines etc., as we've got some
prices in the past
* speaking the final word for controverse discussions among the KDevelop
developers
It's better to do this centralized on one person to avoid chaotic
situations.

Well, it's a little bit time-consuming but the Linux-girls will thank for
that on the KDE backstage parties... ;)

Ciao
F at lk