KDevelop can't open the source files whith compiler errors

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas amilcar at ida.ing.tu-bs.de
Mon Sep 1 14:53:05 UTC 2003

Hi!

Sorry, KDevelop 2.x is no longer under development.

This is one of the 80+ known bugs of KDevelop 2.1.3. The bug has been
fixed in KDevelop 3.0 cvs HEAD
Please update.

You are strongly advised to update to the latest CVS version of
KDevelop3, code name gideon, take a look at:
http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=branches_compiling.html
for all the details you need. If you find a problem or need help please
send a mail to the mailing list:
or drop us a line at the channel #kdevelop on the server irc.kde.org
using ksirc, for example.
Please use the CVS version and compile it yourself because that way you
can easily patch it if a bug is found.

KDevelop3 can open Develop2 projects. To do so, goto the "Project ->
Open Project ... " and select
"KDevelop 2 Project Files" in the "Filter:".
You can have and run KDevelop3 and KDevelop2 at the same time on the
same computer without any problems.
So migrating is a breeze. :)

Anyway, thanks for reporting the bug. I'm closing it but please feel
free to reopen it if for some strange
reason the bug presists in KDevelop3

Amilcar Lucas

P.S. : The KDevelop team closed over 351 reported and confirmed bugs
since the release of the last KDevelop2.x