patch for custom makefile projects

Alexander Dymo cloudtemple at mksat.net
Mon Oct 27 22:24:03 UTC 2003

On Monday 20 October 2003 01:03, Hendrik Kueck wrote:
> I made some changes to the custom makefile project part:
<skip>
> It would be great if someone with CVS access could find the time to look
> at the patch, test and submit it.

Thanks for the patch, Hendrik!
(and sorry for the delay reviewing it)

> There are a few more things that I would like to change in the custom
> project part but which need to be discussed:
>
> There currently is a radio button menu in Project Configuration/Build
> for selecting either make or ant.
> There is however no special support for ant at all. Selecting 'ant'
> simply means to ignore the settings in the 'Make' tab and to just invoke
> 'ant' for building the project.
> Because there already exists an ant project part with actual support of
> ant, I suggest to either
> - make the custom makefiles part 'make only', as the name implies and
> thus get rid of the radio menu.

I'd like to remove ant support from custommakefiles. Are there any objections?

> When creating a new custom project, it offers to scan the project
> directory and import existing files. The message box asks:
>    "This project does not contain any files yet.
>     Populate it with all C/C++/Java files below
>     the project directory?"
> However, when selecting  'yes', _all_ files in the project directory and
>   subdirectories get added to the project. That is, all object files,
> data files, ... .
> I feel that this should be changed to only add files with certain
> extensions to the project. The question however is, what extensions
> those  should be? Just hardcoding a bunch of fixed extensions is not
> really a great solution but probably better than just adding everthing.

You can use
    virtual KMimeType::List mimeTypes();
of current language support part to determine if the file has the mime type
supported by a language and add it to a project.
BTW the message "all C/C++/Java files" should be obviously changed to
"all source files".

--
Alexander Dymo
Ukrainian State Maritime Technical University, IT Department