CVS compilation problem

Chris Thompson chris at hypocrite.org
Wed Oct 22 17:18:04 UTC 2003

I've checked out gideon fresh from cvs and I'm trying to compile
it on my Mandrake 9.2 box using gcc 3.3.1.

I get lots (probably hundreds) of errors when compiling
languages/ada/AdaParser.cpp, similar to the following:

AdaParser.cpp:41: error: invalid static_cast from type `RefAdaAST' to type
`antlr::RefAST'
AdaParser.cpp:53: error: invalid static_cast from type `RefAdaAST' to type
`antlr::RefAST'

The lines of code that cause the problem appear to be lines like:

	RefAdaAST compilation_unit_AST =
static_cast<RefAdaAST>(ANTLR_USE_NAMESPACE(antlr)nullAST);

I can make it work if I change from a C++ cast to a C cast:

	RefAdaAST compilation_unit_AST = (RefAdaAST)
(ANTLR_USE_NAMESPACE(antlr)nullAST);

I'm reporting here instead of into bugzilla because it looks to be
a compilation bug and those are meant to come here.