[despammed] kdevelop.kdevelop

Hendrik Kueck kueck at cs.ubc.ca
Wed Oct 22 02:53:06 UTC 2003

So here is a general question about making changes regarding project files:
How important is backward compatibility with existing project files? Say
some settings are moved from .kdevelop to .kdevses; is it acceptable
that users existing settings in their .kdevelop files get lost/ ignored
in the process and they have to redo their settings? Or should there be
code that migrates settings if an old style .kdevelop file is encountered?

Hendrik

PS: I posted a patch a couple of days ago hoping that somebody would
review and submit it to CVS, but did not get any feedback on the list or
per email. I assume nobody read my posting to the part where I asked for
this. So, could somebody please submit it. Alternatively: what is the
procedure for getting access to the CVS?