newbie KDevelop coder questions

Hendrik Kueck kueck at cs.ubc.ca
Tue Oct 14 12:23:06 UTC 2003

Hi,
after using KDevelop for a bit now (and liking it alot) and after filing
quite a few bug reports, I decided to try to get a tiny bit involved and
started looking into the KDevelop source and started to try making my
first small change.

So first question: Is the described procedure on the web-page still the
way to go? That is, make some changes, produce patch files and post them
here. Or is there a better place / way to send patches instead of
spamming everybody on this list? I guess I could just post a link to the
files or something like that.

My second question: Can I start the version of KDevelop that I am making
changes to without installing it?
And if not, i guess the best way to keep the versions used as subject
and object in development apart is to use ./configure with --prefix and
then start it after the KDEDIRS / kbuildsycoca procedure ?

Cheers,
Hendrik